Contracting / Acquisition Specialist
Location: Chantilly, VA
Description. StellarPeak provides program-level support to a Government customer in Chantilly, VA. The Contracting and Acquisition specialist accomplishes the following:
• Capture mission outcomes and potential contract requirements in consultation with the Government Program Manager (PM), Contracting Officer’s Technical Representative (COTR), Contracting Officer (CO), and stakeholders.
• Coordinate with external organizations, including Directorates and Offices, other IC community members, the larger executive branch, and Congress, at a strategic level to learn and obtain information about upcoming acquisitions and activities which could have customer impacts.
• Analyze requirements based on mission threads to identify dependencies where mission needs are satisfied by multiple contracts (acquisition portfolio-level analysis).
• Recommend the allocation of contract requirements based on analysis of mission outcomes, architectures, organizational synergies, corporate competencies, and Government execution goals in accordance with the Government approved acquisition management processes.
• Document Government decisions regarding MOD’s acquisition portfolio as an acquisition roadmap that effectively illustrates acquisition capabilities, timelines, budgetary impacts, key dependencies, and linkage to strategy.
• Develop and deliver a contract requirements process to support contract requirements gathering, adjudication, and allocation with stakeholders.
• Identify interfaces, inputs, and outputs of applicable boards and management control gates to facilitate integration across the programmatic baseline.
• Work with stakeholders to develop and document key mission outcomes to be satisfied by the acquisition for contracts including preparing acquisition plan documentation (specific acquisition-level analysis).
• Identify programmatic/technical risks associated with acquisition approaches and input programmatic risks, issues, and opportunities (RIO) into the risk process.
• Prepare RFP documents (e.g. SOWs, CDRLs, etc.) for MOD contracts. Prepare Concept of Operations (CONOPS) and Governance Charters to communicate Government intent, expectations, as well as roles and responsibilities as part of the RFP package.
• Identify, develop, deliver, and maintain acquisition management processes to support programmatic baseline integration and reporting consistent with policies and procedures.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 8+ years of relevant experience accomplishing duties as described above
• Experience supporting the intelligence community
• Active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph