350 Systems Engineer (GEOINT), Chantilly, VA TS/SCI CI Poly
Position Description: The customer's Systems Engineering Directorate (SED) is transforming its contract structure to more closely align to the skills and structure of systems engineering in a capability based, service-enabled, architecture environment. The primary objective of the contract is to provide integration and closure; process; mission assurance; service management; and verification, validation and transition systems engineering and technical support services to the Systems Engineering Directorate that will enable it to execute its responsibilities efficiently and effectively, achieve the SED vision, and ensure mission success.
The Integration and Closure team GEOINT Enterprise Systems Engineer (ESE) team is responsible for overseeing the acquisition-level closure of requirements; overseeing system level readiness events in support of enterprise, system and acquisition-level milestones; leading and supporting project planning; assessing schedule and risk; generating and presenting engineering briefings; and interfacing with numerous customers. This position requires an understanding of the intelligence community and customer domain, along with a strong focus on core systems engineering processes in support of end-to-end mission and services closure.
Position Requirements: This position will serve as a member of the GEOINT ESE SETA team on the Contract. The candidate will support teams coordinating, supporting and assessing requirements, CONOPs and architecture products, assessing system schedule and risks, supporting test and verification strategy and system integration of new initiatives in support of expanded mission capabilities. The selected candidate will have the aptitude to assess processes and create efficiencies continuously, and may lead GEOINT related projects. The selected candidate will have frequent client interactions, and support system and mission strategy development across the various offices. Due to the broad nature of the ESE team workload, the selected candidate should have knowledge in GEOINT systems and experience with national systems. The candidate will support various system readiness events and independent review teams and is required to have a strong systems engineering background. The candidate will interact with multiple Acquisition Offices (AOs) and facilitate risk and action closure with Acquisition Offices and users, and support technical consultation, meeting coordination, and support to recommendation briefings.
• 10-14 years’ experience with space/ground systems and systems engineering
• BS in engineering, physics or related technical degree
• Integration and Closure experience with in overall customer domain, Tech Insertion experience.
• Strong business acumen; ability to relate professionally inside the work environment
• Detailed knowledge of GEOINT systems and overall space and ground architecture
• Expertise in mission technical capabilities and system performance analysis and assessment
• Experience with Mission Planning, Control or Processing functions in support of space and ground architecture
• Experience identifying user & enterprise needs/requirements and gap identification, analysis and assessment
• Experience in supporting Requirements Engineering, CONOPs development, and system integration to accommodate the End to End GEOINT Systems Engineering.
• Commitment to recognize, understand, respect and operate effectively within various SETA, FFRDC, and Government lines of authority
Strongly Desired Skills:
Familiarity with overall customer, technical familiarity with one or more GEOINT, SIGINT or COMM systems and subsystems, including sensor knowledge. Ability to work for specific IC customer and familiarity with that customer’s processes and organization. Certified in one or more of the following: SAFe, ITIL, PMI/PMP, INCOSE.
Equal Employment: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.” If you have any questions or would like to write us about your security clearance, you can do so at Stellarpeak Careers careers at stellarpeak.com.