190 MBSE Systems Engineer, Chantilly, VA TS/SCI CI Poly
StellarPeak is a distinguished agile government contracting business. We bring unique customer insight, enhance business development through extensive customer and industry relationships, and deliver superior professional services. Our employees are typically experts in their fields with advanced degrees and the highest in security clearances. We only hire the best employees. We only bid on, win, and work on projects we know we can successfully complete. If you're a veteran then take a look at our available career opportunities or contact us so we can assist with your networking.
Position Description: The team is responsible for supporting independent verification, validation and test in support of mission closure, overseeing the readiness process in support of enterprise, system and acquisition-level milestones; leading and supporting project planning; assessing schedule and risk; generating and presenting engineering briefings; and interfacing with numerous customers. This position requires an understanding of the intelligence community, along with a strong focus on core systems engineering processes in support of end-to-end mission closure. The customer is looking for an integrated approach to implementing Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE), which is the formalized application of modeling to support system requirements, design, analysis, verification and validation activities beginning in the conceptual design phase and continuing throughout development and later life cycle phases. This is not simply analytic modeling, but is more focused on efficient integration of architecture, requirements, CONOPS, etc. to ensure a more unified enterprise baseline.
Position Requirements: This position will serve as a Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) practitioner supporting the many processes, events and projects across the customer's offices. The candidate will perform technical planning, define specifications that incorporate software, hardware, data requirements and technologies to establish an integrated tool framework and data architecture that supports Model Based Systems Engineering. This individual defines the appropriate data standards, data structures, and supporting COTS, GOTS, and Open Source technologies required to manage the data needs. They are a technical resource in the planning of data models, plans and database structural designs for development and integration into the customer’s data management structure. They will integrate enterprise tools supporting requirements engineering and the customer's ERB process, CONOPS and architecture development, Risk, Issues and Opportunity Management boards, schedule management, test and verification strategy and system integration of new initiatives in support of expanded mission capabilities. The selected candidate will have the aptitude to assess processes, data flows and relationships to create efficiencies and the underlying metadata structure to allow sharing of data within the customer's Rational Tool Suite including DOORS Next Generation, Rhapsody and other COTS tools. The candidate will support meetings between the tool and data users and the tool development team and requires a strong systems engineering background. The candidate provides technical advice and guidance to senior managers regarding the creation and implementation of new data standards and data storage capabilities and will interact with multiple Acquisition Offices (AOs) and facilitate risk and action closure with Acquisition Offices and users, and support technical consultation, meeting coordination, and support to recommendation briefings.
• BS in engineering, physics or related technical degree
• An in-depth knowledge and practical application of UML and SysML modeling languages and experience applying this common structure to an MBSE solution
• Knowledge and proficiency in using a Rhapsody or other UML based Architecture tool
• Knowledge of standard DoDAF and MoDAF architectural views
• Experience with systems engineering processes in support of system life cycle development
• Experience in architecture, requirements engineering, CONOPS development, verification, test and system integration to accommodate End to End Systems Engineering
• Experience in MBSE implementation and data architecture and integration ranging from conceptual to physical implementations; including Metadata Strategies, Data Modeling, Data Ingest, Storage and Search & Retrieval.
• Proven communication skills especially with tools developers and senior government officials
• Proven experience preparing and providing recommendations for IT and data standards
• Commitment to recognize, understand, respect and operate effectively within various SETA, FFRDC, and
• Ability to lead and influence
• Strong business acumen; ability to relate professionally in the work environment with customers and colleagues
• Responsible and reliable; follows up on actions and the ability to multi task
• Familiarity IBM's Rational Tool Suite, Rhapsody or other UML based architecture and systems engineering tools
• Experience in identifying, architecting, and recommending Mass Analytics technologies and solutions in a Big Data and Cloud environment, especially those required for implementation leveraging IC-ITE, C2S or AWS
• Certified in one or more of the following: SAFe, ITIL, PMI/PMP, INCOSE
Equal Employment: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.” If you have any questions or would like to write us about your security clearance, you can do so at Stellarpeak Careers careers @ stellarpeak.com.